Asia Lutheran Seminary was established by the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod (WELS) on May 29, 2005. Asia Lutheran Seminary trains Chinese Christian leaders using Law and Gospel as the core value of instruction.
Desired Outcome of Instruction
– Students will learn and be able to study the Old and New Testament Scriptures using Biblical languages and proper hermeneutical principles.
– Students will develop passion and skills to share the Gospel with “all nations” through evangelism and missiology courses.
– Students will learn and develop the attitudes and practical skills necessary to take care of God’s people as individuals and members of a local congregation.
– Students will learn and apply the lessons of Church History – both achievements and struggles — to their present day life and ministry setting.
– Students will learn, compare and apply a Biblical Confessional Lutheran system of theology to their personal understanding of Scripture and system of Christian belief.
Beliefs and Teachings
Asia Lutheran Seminary believes and teaches the Holy Scriptures as explained in the following statements of faith
– The Apostles’ Creed; Nicene Creed; Athanasian Creed (Ecumenical creeds)
– The Book of Concord, 1580 (The statement of faith of Confessional Lutherans)
– “This We Believe” (A confessional statement of the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod)